Terms and Conditions
This agreement is designed with you in mind, as well as to protect OOVO and our customers. By joining the Ambassador Program, you agree to adhere to these terms and conditions.
If you’re approved, awesome! You’ll be given a unique referral link and a unique 10% off promo code that you can use to promote OOVO. Check out your private Ambassador Dashboard to get creative assets and track your progress, including click and referral information, performance graphs, and more.
Here is a summary of our program, with further details below.
- You’ll receive 10% commission for every new sale you refer
- Minimum payout balance of $50.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in USD)
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month
- Referrals are paid out via PayPal
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Commissions and Payouts
You’ll earn a 10% commission when a customer purchases a new OOVO Straw Necklace using your referral link or code. Commission does not apply to shipping or tax. Here are examples of earnings by sale price:
- Customer pays $99 on sale + Tax and Shipping – you earn $9.90
- Customer pays $116 using a 10% Off promo code + Tax and Shipping – you earn $11.60
- Customer pays $129 full price + Tax and Shipping – you earn $12.90
We pay out Ambassador commissions in USD via PayPal in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. The minimum automatic payout balance is $50.00, so you receive a decent chunk of cash when payouts come around. (To request a manual payout under $50, please reach out.) And there’s no maximum payout balance, so go nuts!
Referral Cookie Lifetime
There are two ways referrals are tracked: (1) When a customer uses your promo code, and (2) when a customer clicks on your referral link. For referral links, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to purchase an OOVO Straw or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have. If a customer uses your referral link and uses a code or sale provided by OOVO (like a give $20, get $20 code or free shipping sale), you still get credit for that referral.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser).
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
- The customer does #1 or #2 AND does not use your promo code.
- The customer clicks your link but uses another Ambassador’s code (because the other Ambassador will receive credit).
- You referred yourself for your own purchase.
We Offer Direct Link Tracking
For Ambassadors who have their own website, we offer Direct Link Tracking so you can skip the referral link (e.g. ?ref=123 or /ref/123) when you link to our site from your https:// website. You can submit a direct link to your own website in the Settings tab of your Ambassador Dashboard. We’ll review your direct link submission, and when it’s approved any links to oovostraw.com directly from your site will generate referrals! Awesome!
Note: Direct Link Tracking is only available if your site has an SSL certificate, and therefore the https:// protocol. To protect our customers, http:// sites are not approved. We will only approve websites that are 100% owned by you.
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject Ambassador commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Ambassador Agreement.
Ambassador News and Updates
By becoming an Ambassador you agree to receive emails from OOVO. These emails will be sent to Ambassadors only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the OOVO Ambassador Program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote OOVO. As an Ambassador you may be privy to private information — like, “there’s a sale coming up next month, get ready!” This information may only be promoted as instructed, after an embargo date has passed.
Ambassador Applications – Who Is Invited To Join
We reserve the right to reject Ambassador applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for Ambassador application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Ambassador applications for people/websites that we do not believe are aligned with our business.
- Ambassador applicants with websites that attempt to re-sell any of our products.
- Websites considered inappropriate by OOVO.
Dormant Ambassador Accounts
We encourage all of our Ambassadors to actively promote OOVO to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote OOVO, please let us know – we’re here for you! An Ambassador account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant Ambassador account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months. But we don’t even want to go there, right?! Let’s work together to help you start earning some cash!
Allowed and Super Cool Promotional Methods
How you promote OOVO is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to OOVO and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of Ambassadors blog, vlog, review, and post about SOVT and mention OOVO.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers, or friends about OOVO, and give them your Ambassador referral link or promo code.
- Create a review, video, or a blog post about SOVT, vocal care, or OOVO and link to our site with your referral link.
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet, post, share, snap, (whatever!) your Ambassador link or share your personal code. Go wild!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited and Super Uncool Promotional Methods
We love and back our product 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want Ambassadors who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- OOVO may not be promoted on coupon sites
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for OOVO, so this method adds no value to OOVO.
- Pretending to work for or actually be OOVO is prohibited
We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to work for OOVO. Ambassadors aren’t employees of OOVO. Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official OOVO site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes). If you need assets to help you promote OOVO, see the Creatives section of your Ambassador account.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote OOVO. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- False promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by OOVO is prohibited (and super uncool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us to be safe.
Consequences Of Not-Cool Promotional Methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your Ambassador account. Please use allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as an Ambassador!
The following types of sites/accounts are not permitted for promotion: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity.
The Important Stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an Ambassador in our Ambassador Program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The Ambassador relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an Ambassador you are not an employee of OOVO. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against OOVO. These Ambassador terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Phew! Sound good? Great! Thanks for taking the time to read through these T’s and C’s and for agreeing to them. We’re excited to have you on board!