Who Loves the Sing Ring?
- Singers, especially those who are working to smooth out a break in their range or want to strengthen their voice.
- Anyone who talks all day as part of their job or hobby. Sing Ring helps you reduce vocal strain and avoid losing your voice after a long day. Teachers, salespeople, athletic coaches, customer service staff, public speakers… anyone who feels hoarse after leaving their job can benefit from vocal straw exercises.
- Speakers and singers who want to build a more powerful voice through exercise and vocal training.
- Voice users whose needs change over time. Whether you’re going through vocal therapy, experiencing a change in your voice, or working toward a longer-term goal, the Sing Ring lets you change resistance levels as your voice needs evolve.
If you’re just starting out with vocal straw exercises or are not sure what resistance you need, the patented Sing Ring is a great option. Work through the varying levels of resistance to find your preferred level, and eventually work up to the professional level of the OOVO Straw Necklace. Not sure which tool is for you? Check out this side-by-side comparison.
How To Use Your Sing Ring
- Point the OOVO logo away from you. Position the ring facing up, around your middle fingertip.
- Sing through it. No air should pass through your nose. Not sure if you’re doing it right? Hold your nose to check your method.
- Start with level 0 by vocalizing through the straw without covering any diamonds.
- Then add resistance by progressively covering the diamond-shaped holes starting with 1, then add 2, then 3. You will feel the pressure balance within your vocal tract, reducing stress on your vocal folds and cords.
- Practice for 5 minutes, up to 5 times a day. Check out these 9 exercises recommended by vocal coaches.
- Pro Tip: More resistance does not always equal better exercise. Experiment to find your perfect level.
- Sing Ring crafted in solid brass with four resistance levels
- Zippered carrying case, carabiner clip
Tips & Care
- Like other professional instruments, the Sing Ring is made of solid brass and should be polished and cleaned to maintain shine.
- Clean with a polishing cloth. To sanitize, rinse with mild soap and water, and dry with a soft cloth. Professional instrument polish may be used. Avoid contact with chlorine and household chemicals.
- Special Offer: Save $10 when you add an OOVO Care Kit with polishing cloth, cleaning brush, and vegan leather pouch.
Bev (verified owner) –
James Gammon (verified owner) –
I’m seeing great results after two weeks of using it to warm up 5 minutes a day. It feels very different to normal singing and it’s really encouraging me to sing correctly without straining. Highly recommended!
Julia (verified owner) –
I love my sing ring – I bust it out when I am sitting watching TV after a long day of teaching, it’s a lovely vocal reset
Andrew Leathers (verified owner) –
I absolutely love my sing ring, I honestly have it with me everywhere. I’ve struggled with straining on and off, and my ability to reach high notes consistently without straining is a huge difference now that I’ve been using my sing ring daily. Would totally recommend to anyone.
Blake Segal (verified owner) –
Love it!!! It’s a lifesaver on the subway. I can warm up gently or song full out and not be any louder than a gentle hum. A must have for NYC singers.
Lydia Mellaart (verified owner) –
Super helpful tool, really works miracles! Just don’t leave it overnight in water, I forgot it when I wanted to clean it, and now it smells like metal.
Kristen (verified owner) –
Vocal breaks have already smoothed out and my voice fatigues less quickly than in the past! Loving this device. I use on my commute to and from work with Spotify vocal warm up play lists. Thanks!!
Rachel Pomeranz –
I love my Sing Ring! I will never go back to hoping that I have a plastic straw somewhere at the bottom of my backpack. I am a professional singer who can tend to over-sing depending on how I wake up on any given day, so I find that the different resistance options available with the Sing Ring are exactly what I need to tailor my exercises to my needs. I have often found that I needed something right in between a drinking straw and a coffee stirrer, so this tool has been the perfect solution for me. If you use this on the highest resistance level, you can quickly reset your voice during a long rehearsal without anyone hearing a thing. One word of caution: The instructions suggest sanitizing the Sing Ring by submerging it in boiling water. I tried doing this and I noticed that it had unfortunately warped the brass a tiny bit, and caused some stains that hopefully will be removed with instrument polish. The warping was so slight that I do not think it will have any impact on how my Sing Ring works, but I am glad that I took it out of the water when I did!! Could you please create a more detailed care description for Sing Ring newbies?
I think that new users should know how many minutes would be appropriate to boil, and perhaps if there is a certain type of pot that they should use that would be safer. I also started the Sing Ring in the pot with cool water and waited for it to come to a boil, but now it seems that may have been a mistake leading to it being in the water for too long. Thank you!
oovo_admin (verified owner) –
Hey Rachel, Thanks so much for the detailed review! It’s really helpful and we’re glad you love your Sing Ring. On the “how long to sanitize” question, you’re right. The instructions could be more detailed. Thanks for the heads up and for folks looking for guidance: We recommend using boiling water rather than chemicals for cleaning because some household chemicals can damage brass. To sanitize, boil water first, remove from heat, then drop your Sing Ring in for 3 minutes. Dry the Sing Ring off with a towel. Regarding it changing shape, that shouldn’t happen. Solid brass is really durable (that’s why we use it!) so we’re going to send you a new one just in case there was a unique flaw in yours. We’ll reach out via email and follow up. Thanks for letting us know!
Ginka Uchkova (verified owner) –
The best gift you can give yourself. I can warm up in only 5 minutes. The different resistance levels help a lot and make the process so much easier and fun. The voice goes exactly where it has to be and I’ve noticed an improvement in my vocal technique after a month. No joke!
Jason Hall (verified owner) –
Loving my sing ring..! It helps me start my day. The different resistance levels are exactly what I need.
Dillan (verified owner) –
It has helped me in my warm ups so much and I’m enjoying and using it everyday!